Friday 20 August 2010

What I thought about the oil spill video.

I thought that it was really powerful in the sense that it made you stop and think, "Is this really happening? Are they really dumping all those harmful chemicals into the ocean?" What I knew before I watched the video was that BP's dispersants weren't doing the best job cleaning up the oil; however, now I know there is much more to the story. I now know that the dispersants are actually making the oil all the more dangerous by allowing it to penetrate skin. Furthermore, the dispersants makes the oil harder to see which makes it even more difficult to clean up. Some good you're doing BP! You made this mess now you're only making the problem worse. To sum it up I really think that I learned a lot from the presentation about the dangers of oil to us and to the wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment